Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Too Old for New Years

Why is it that all I want to do on New Years Eve is go to bed early? If I know that I have to stay up until midnight I have to take a nap at about 5:00 pm so I can stay awake. It feels like it is the longest night of the whole year just waiting for the ball to drop. The funny thing is that I stay up way past midnight almost every night. It is only on New Years Eve that I struggle. When our kids were little we use to fake them out and set the clocks forward a couple of hours so we could go to bed earlier. It didn't matter to them that they were the only ones outside with their pots, pans and wooden spoons making lots of noise in celebration of the New Year. They believed our neighbors were all crazy partiers who couldn't tell time when they started making noise two hours later.
I guess I am just getting too old to party on New Years! Good Night!

No comments: