Sunday, October 7, 2012

My Little Girl is having a Baby!

It is hard to believe that MY daughter is having a baby.  Not only a baby but my first grandchild.  In the past I knew this day would come too fast . . . and yet in the past couple of years it could not have come soon enough.  Thanks to all of my friends who have bragged about how it is the most wonderful thing in the whole world.  So while I waited patiently I just stalked other peoples little kids and begged their parents to let me watch them.  I would even put pictures up on my fridge of them and when people would ask about my cute little friends I would tell them they were "My Fake Grandkids."  But not any more.  My very first real one is coming in a week or so! I look forward to that moment when I see my daughter hold that brand new baby in her arms for the first time and see those tears of the most amazing joy and love one could ever feel for another human being.  A feeling one could never find words to explain except that you fall in love like you have never done before.
I remember feeling that way towards Jessica and never wanting it to end.  I could not love on her enough.  My days were spent holding her constantly.  I never wanted to put her down.  I knew once I did, the day would come when I would have to let her go.  I was never one of those Moms who was excited for their kids to go back to school.  I wanted mine to stay home and play with me.  Over the years I offered to build on to our house so that each of the girls would never have to leave.  They could stay there with me forever along with their families.  But they never liked that idea quite as much as I did.  My last ditch effort was to have their boyfriends sign a contract stating that if they were to get married he would not be able to take her out of state.  Blah!  I failed that one too.
I am just really excited to see Jessica and John with this new little baby who will change their lives forever and begin a new amazing journey together.

Love You So Much!

Mom



1 comment:

Kalie DeMann said...

This is really sweet Mom. I am really excited for you to be a grandma!